Follow us and stay informed

Connect with us at Bridges To America or on our Facebook page.

Saturday, July 14, 2012

Game 2 Recap

First loss in 11 months and it was a real bummer! 6-1 after being tied 1-1 at the start of the 2nd half.  It was 100 degrees and after a bad no-call on a hands ball that resulted in the other team going up 2-1 my team sort of deflated and the other team got more energized.

I was VERY busy and made 11 saves.  I wish I was less busy but the other team came at us hard.  Check out the pictures below.

UPDATE:  This team in Blue ended up playing in the Championship which they lost despite some of the most reckless soccer played by them that I have ever seen.  Literally put two girls, including the goalie, in ambulances! Glad we avoided that kind of injury in our game but it gives you a sense of just how tough it was to beat them.

Yes, that's me saving this goal behind this hard-charging striker! Didn't hurt though.

Going for one of my 11 saves.

Get this ball out of here!
Another tough save against one of my old teammates.

Can you tell by my face how happy I was with the results of this game??!!



No comments:

Post a Comment